Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Monday, July 08, 2019

Daily Battles: Mac Stops Playing Sound with macOS Mojave

I was just searching randomly today and then I ran into this page on reddit:


Man, it sure feels really good that my writing on the Internet had made someone's day better. Hopefully my posts of my daily battles with technology can also benefit other people, so they have less frustration and a better day!

I use a MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave. From time to time, my audio would just stop working. This is problematic because I need to listen to my trance music to focus. Turning audio off and on doesn't fix it. Changing output to another device and then back doesn't make any difference. It seems the only way to fix it is to restart your computer. With the amount of apps I have open at any given time, this is a terrible option.


So is there an easy alternative? The answer is yes!! Turned out all your have to do is to open a terminal window, type in the following command and then hit enter.

sudo killall coreaudiod

You will need to enter your admin password if prompted. But this sure beats restarting your computer several times a day!

Another workaround found for another Mojave bug! You Win!

BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is http://lanny.lannyland.com

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:26 PM

    I remember this like sometimes we would want to watch soccer videos on your computer and there was no sound!

    ReplyDelete