Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Friday, July 12, 2019

Daily Battles: Finder on Mac Not Refreshing

With macOS Mojave, sometimes you might find that the file list in your Finder window stops refreshing. This happens more often if you have many Finder windows open (which I do all the time) and you start to manipulate files (delete, move, rename, etc.) from a terminal window.



The fix for this problem is quite simple. All you have to do is to hold the Option key and then right lick the Finder icon in your launcher. Once the menu pops up, just select Relaunch.


Image credit iDwonladBlog.com

The nice part is that the relaunched Finder will open all your previous Finder windows in their respective virtual desktops/spaces, so you won't lose anything.

Happy fighting your daily battles!!


BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is http://lanny.lannyland.com

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:21 PM

    this isn't helpful to me but I'm glad you figured it out!

    ReplyDelete