Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Best App to Play YouTube Videos On Your Smart Phone -- YouTube Vanced

Admit it, we watch a lot of YouTube videos on our smart phones.

It has been really annoying when I started using my smart phone to listen to podcasts on YouTube, whether I was doing manual labor, or was driving my kids to various activities (and getting stuck in traffic). Why?

I tried using both the Android included YouTube app and the Chrome browser. Both of them:
  • Do not remember what was the last YouTube video I was viewing and where I paused (e.g., in the middle of a two-hour long podcast).

  • If I open another app, YouTube video stops playing.

  • Stops playing the video when my phone is locked (whether automatically or when I do it manually).
If you are also super annoyed by these limitations, I have good news!! I have found a video player that addresses exactly those annoyances!!

Actually, some people got so annoyed (more annoyed than me) and decided to create a new YouTube video player based on the official YouTube app. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

The app is called YouTube Vanced, and you can download it from their web site. Features of this app include:



  • Block all ads (togglable)
  • Background Playback
  • Force VP9 (or HDR) or vice versa
  • Override Maximal Resolution
  • Pinch to Zoom (for all devices)
  • Casting Togglable (can be forced off)
  • Toggle Themes (Black, Dark, White)
  • PiP - Picture in Picture mode (Oreo only)
  • Auto Repeat Feature
  • Preferred Speed and Resolution







One extra benefit of this app is that while my phone is locked, I could still resume or pause the video play like how it is shown in the below screen capture:


Just download the APK file from the web site and install. That's it! Enjoy!

Sorry for iPhone users (which I am also one). This app is for Android only.





Do not pretend to be what you are not (and I am not a gardener)!!!




BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is http://lanny.lannyland.com


9 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:59 PM

    This is helpful because you can close the app and listen to music! So we can listen to Zorro's back on the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really happy found this website eventually. Really informative and inoperative, Thanks for the post and effort! Please keep sharing more such blog. Folder Protect Crack

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made some good points there. I looked on the internet for the topic and found most persons will go along with with your blog. Movavi Activation Key

    ReplyDelete
  4. YTD Video Downloader 5 Serial Key Is Here! Download Youtube Video is the difficult task.Many users facing problem to download youtube videos. Ytd Video Downloader Pro Crack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentines Day Wishes marks the mutual exchange of love notes in the form of "valentines". Time has changed and so has the modes of expression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autodesk Design Review is a program that allows designers to mark up and print 2D and 3D models. it is designed to accelerate design review. https://techvipz.com/autodesk-design-review/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Icecream PDF Editor Pro Crack in the information technology this product introduced for read as well as edit PDF files successfully. IceCream PDF Editor Crack Download

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article really cheered me up. Thanks for the helpful information.
    https://getcrackpc.com/4k-video-downloader-crack/

    ReplyDelete