Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Thursday, August 01, 2019

Daily Battles: How to Take Screenshot on Android When the Phone is Locked

For my previous post, I needed to take a screenshot of my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S8), that's when I found out that my normal screen capture gesture doesn't work on a locked screen.

To capture a screenshot on an Android phone, the easiest way is to swipe the phone screen from side to side with your palm. But this method doesn't work if phone is locked.


Another method is use Google Assistant. You can say "Okay Google" to activate Google Assistant, and then command it to "take a screenshot." However, this method also doesn't work when the screen is locked.


In order to take screen shot while the phone is locked, you need to push two buttons together. For a phone with a Home button, hold the Home button and the Power button together until you hear a click sound. For a phone without the Home button (such as my Samsung Galaxy S8), home the Power button together with the Volume Down button until you hear a click sound.


That's it! Now onto my next daily battles!

Video of the Day:




BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is http://lanny.lannyland.com

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:57 PM

    Oh, you swipe to take a screen shot! How would you do it on the I phone X though?

    ReplyDelete