Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Daily Battles: How to Fix A Chromebook That Won't Turn On

If you have a Chromebook and you cannot turn it on even though you are pretty sure you have the battery fully charged, you've come to the right place.

Before you decide to open it up and replace the battery, or hard reset the Chromebook back to factory default, you should always try this method I am describing first. I might fix your problem without losing any data and save yourself a ton of work.


Step one: make sure the battery has been charging for a good while.

Step two: hold the refresh button and the power button together for 10 seconds and then let go.

Image from TechyThings.com

Now hit the power button again and your Chromebook should start normally.

Here's a video showing you step by step (come on, there are really only two steps):




Picture of the Day:

Silver lake in Brighten Ski Resort, Salt Lake City, Utah




BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is http://lanny.lannyland.com

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:36 AM

    This is very helpful to me! Because remember when my computer wouldn't turn on and I thought I broke it so I didn't have a computer for a month! And all I had to do was push a few buttons! Also I like the picture it shows a lot of color, if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete