Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Friday, January 22, 2021

Daily Battles: How to Change Default App for Different Files Types (PDF) on a Mac in macOS

In Windows, if you want to change the default application to open a certain file type, you just have to right-click on the file and then select Choose another app


For macOS, it is a completely different story. What you have to do is to open Finder first, and then locate the file you want to change default app. Right-click on it and then select Get Info.


Next in the Get Info screen, look in the middle of the window and find Open With. Click on that to open a dropdown menu where you can select the default application you want to use to open this type of files.

Then make sure you click the Change All button (I made the mistake of not clicking this and had to do the entire thing again) to apply to all files of this type, and click Continue to save it.


That's it. Leave a comment if you find my blogs useful. You can also follow me on Twitter for more useful tips and tutorials!


Video of the Day:

Be creative! Make friends of ducttape, paper clip, super glue, and W-40!!






Problem solving is a fun brain exercise. 







BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is blog.lannyland.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment