Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Daily Battles: How To Retweet Someone's Twitter Video With Your Own Caption Without Downloading and Re-Uploading the Video

On Twitter, you probably have seen big name accounts (normally they have a checkmark next to their names showing they are verified) tweeting video clips with the original video poster's name as a tag link at the bottom of the video. Have you ever wondered how that was done?

Here's an example of me doing it:

You could try to download the clip (there are lots of online tools available for you to do that), and then re-upload it. But that takes a lot of effort/bandwidth, and you also can't link the original poster's name below the clip. That's just not the right way to do it.

It's actually really easy to do that on a computer (which I use most, cause I hate looking at my tiny phone screens and get my eyes all tired). All you have to do is to first copy the original tweet's URL, e.g.,

        https://twitter.com/lannyland/status/1362863201243652096

And then just add /video/1 to the end, and now the link becomes:

        https://twitter.com/lannyland/status/1362863201243652096/video/1

Include that in your own tweet, and you'll be able to successfully embed the clip while still giving the original poster the credit. 

I normally simply retweet someone's funny videos. But if I really want to hide the original poster's caption and use my own, I use this method. Big-name Tweeters such as Rex Chapman do this a lot. Here's an example:


So there you go, it's that easy to embed a video. Happy tweeting!







Reusability is the foundation of computer programming. 







BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is blog.lannyland.com

1 comment: