Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Daily Battles: Pandora Won't Auto Start on Firefox

I think one thing we all have learned is that after some system updates or application updates, something just stops working. This time, it was my Pandora station not playing after Firefox updates.

You see, I live inside this giant robot called Philip. And Philip is also my sweet smart home assistant. In the morning, Philip would turn on music throughout my home, and gradually increase volume from low to medium to wake us up with beautiful and relaxing and free music on Pandora.

Then, one day, Philip just stopped doing that.

When I finally had a chance to investigate, I found the problem:

Philip uses Firefox to play Pandora in the morning. In the past, when opening Pandora on Firefox, it would just automatically start playing. But now, when I go to Pandora website, I have to manually click the play button to start the music.

So why was it working and not stopped working? Because I updated Firefox. And with a new Firefox, it automatically blocks music or video from playing on all websites. What you have to do is to explicitly enable autoplay on each website as shown below.

Click the lock icon on the left side of the address bar will show a popup menu where you can enable autoplay again. You can also go into the Firefox Preferences page to manage websites where you want to allow or deny autoplay.

To go to Firefox Preferences page, simply type about:preferences in the address bar and hit enter. Then just search for Autoplay.

Well, after this tweak, (and after I fixed the stupid Bluetooth volume control problem in Windows 10 since stupid Microsoft updated my computer AGAIN and then changed the registry setting,) I finally can enjoy Philip's morning natural music wake up ceremony again, and I can finally find some peace again during a pandemic.

Hope this is useful for someone else running into the same problem. Remember, whenever you update, something WILL break. So happy living in a technology world (or inside a giant robot)!

Leave a comment if you find my blogs useful. You can also follow me on Twitter for more useful tips and tutorials!


Video of the Day:

How the kids and their dog worked as a team to evade the coming home dad.

BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is blog.lannyland.com

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 AM

    I was wondering why the music stopped playing in the morning. Does this mean music will start to play again to wake us up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 28-58 27-6-19 35-8 look an the periodic table :3

    ReplyDelete