Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Daily Battles: How To Change Screen Capture Saving Locations on Mac

If you take screen captures a lot on a Mac computer like me (e.g., to post daily Covid Analysis Graphs on Twitter),  you'll probably find your Mac Desktop cluttered by all these screen capture files, something like this:


Not something you want to look at every day, right?

So what's the best way to solve this problem? My solution is to have a folder I designate to screen captures. And here's how you can change your default screen capture folder on a Mac so all screen capture files will automatically be saved to that folder.

Normally to capture a portion of your screen, you use the key combination of Command + Shift + 3. and then select the region you want to capture. To capture the entire screen (or screens when you have multiple monitors), you use the key combination of Command + Shift + 4.

So the trick to change the default screen capture saving folder is the key combination of Command + Shift + 5. You'll get a toolbar like the one shown below. Then you just click Options and then select Other Location from the popup menu.

Hope you find this helpful in managing your cluttered computer desktop.

Leave a comment if you find my blogs useful. You can also follow me on Twitter for more useful tips and tutorials!


Video of the Day:

World's cutest security camera!

BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is blog.lannyland.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment