Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Monday, January 11, 2021

Daily Battles: How To Not Receive Phone Calls on Your Mac

If you want to stop receiving phone calls from your Android phone on your computer (could be a Windows computer too), read this blog: instead:

Daily Battles: How To Not Receive Phone Calls on Your Computer From An Android Phone


Imagine you are in a video-conference meeting, and you have diligently turned the ringer on your iPhone off. Then in the middle of the meeting, while you are presenting, a phone call comes in and starts making loud ringing sounds on your Mac computer. Even worse, turned out it is one of those "we have an urgent message about your vehicle warranty" calls (or "the second warning").


Looking all over your Mac and you fail to find how to disable this. You still want your iPhone messages to show up in your Mac so you can reply to messages by typing on a comfortable keyboard instead of the tiny on-screen thing on your phone. You just want to turn off the incoming phone call.

Turned out the control is not in your Mac computer. It is in your iPhone settings.

Go into Settings - Phone - Calls on Other Devices and then toggle it off as shown in the screen captures below.



That's it. Good luck with your online meetings in the future!

Video of the Day:

If you make it fun, people will do extra work!

BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is blog.lannyland.com

2 comments:

  1. The video is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Personally if I had a mac I would want it to make the phone call noise, like facetime that way I can facetime from my computer and not my phone.

    ReplyDelete