Search within Lanny's blog:


Leave me comments so I know people are actually reading my blogs! Thanks!

Monday, January 18, 2021

Daily Battles: How to Rearrange Icons in your Menu Bar for MacOS Big Sur

I have a lot of icons in my menu bar on my Mac because I use a lot of free programs such as:

I also have a lot of built-in utilities that I access frequently, such as:

  • Bluetooth manager
  • WiFi manager
  • Sound input source and volume control
  • Timemachine for backup
  • VPN
Then there are programs like:
  • WeChat
  • Google Hangout
  • Android Web Messages
  • iOS Messages
  • Slack
  • VLC
  • etc.

As someone with OCD, it is super important for me to be able to group things together the way I want. So how can you do that on a Mac with Big Sur?

The answer is super easy, although took me a while to find:

Solution:

You just hold the command key and then drag the icon with your mouse!
Yep, it's that simple! But if you don't know, you don't know.

By the way, I also am very particular with icons in my Dock and icons on my Mac touch bar. But since other people have provided detailed instructions, I'll just link them here:



Hope someone finds this blog post useful! Moving on to my next daily battle!

Leave a comment if you find my blogs useful. You can also follow me on Twitter for more useful tips and tutorials!

Video of the Day:

The right way to work!


BTW: The easiest way to remember my blog address is blog.lannyland.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment